Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fusion Project - Radiusing the slide stop


Blend undercut trigger guard.
Fit trigger to frame.
Fit hammer, sear, disconnecter.
Trigger job.
Fit and blend grip safety.
Fit firing pin stop.
Fit extractor.
Fit thumb safety.
Fit slide stop.
Radius slide stop.
Do a general de-burring and pre-finish clean up.
Refinish.
Decide on grips.
Install sights.
Test fire.
Adjust ejector.
Lock-tite the grip bushings, trigger overtravel screw, and rear sight set screw.

I did a few things today.  I fit the hammer, sear, and disconnector, and shortened and radiused the slide stop pin.  

The hammer, sear, and disco just dropped in without any need for fitting, so no pics of that.  I still need to do a trigger job, but that's going to wait until the gun comes back from ionbonding.  

Here we are before fitting anything.


Here you can see just how much it pokes out beyond the relieved pin hole.  



I marked the whole thing up with a sharpie so I would know how much to take off.



Then I used a dremel wheel that has a concave surface to grind down the pin.  I didn't want it to be perfectly flat against the frame, because I like to have a little nub there to rest my trigger finger on.  Having a tactile response to let you know your finger isn't on the trigger is always a good idea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment